Met our new Sales Manager Nick Daffy yet? We caught up with him just weeks into the job and asked him for a flavour of a ‘typical’ day at Project Kitchens?
“My role driving sales activity in the North West and working with our Southern sales team means I could be anywhere in the UK on any given day, meeting a range of clients, their advisors and our team in Head Office to drive projects forward. A typical day includes:
- Early morning meeting or networking breakfast (try not to eat!). I try to attend something in Manchester city centre like the Movers and Shakers or Place North West events to keep up with prospects, contacts and keep the brand visible. We find increasingly that clients come to us, not just to work with the SieMatic brand, but with the Project Kitchens brand, which is a testament to our 15-year track record.
- Get to office – check emails, brief design jobs with CAD team, check work in progress, answer emails, may talk to senior management team if they are about.
- Back to Manchester for meeting with Arcadis – looking at new schemes with them, exciting to be working with them again following my time in the F F&E industry.
- Conference call back at the office with new London client – this is a big scheme that we are tendering for and I am working closely with the client and their architect, as well as interacting with their main contractor. Many points of discussion, SieMatic involved in conference call.
- Lunch at my desk – usually some fruit or a sandwich if I am feeling adventurous! Lots of coffee.
- Brief meeting with our PR agency regarding various projects, awards entries and features.
- Presentation in our Manchester showroom to a team of architects currently working on a city centre scheme who are interested in our product. They don’t work with us yet but they hopefully soon will! This presentation showcases SieMatic and Project Kitchens in a relaxed and informal style and invites an open dialogue. We agree a follow up with a couple of their clients attending one of our pop-up trend events.
- Finish up at the office to catch a train to London for a morning meeting. When in London I try to visit competitor sites alongside our own sites, to get a feel for progress and in particular our London Square sites which are always vibrant.
- It’s a busy life but I love it as the pace of the world of property keeps me buzzing and the luxury SieMatic brand is a pleasure to represent.”